Plant Manager - Anaerobic Digestion
£35,000 to £41,000 DOE, plus benefits
Astute are currently seeking a Plant Manager for an anaerobic digestion (AD) facility just outside of Colchester. The Plant Manager will be responsible for a 450m³ site, ensuring the plant is running as efficiently and safely as possible, with full consideration for relevant regulations and compliance.
- First point of contact for the plant, liaising with the operations and maintenance team, farmers and all third parties
- Managing two plant operators who rotate on a 4 on, 4 off shift pattern
- Document and report all onsite activities, including monitoring and reporting on KPIs as well as daily site performance data
- You'll be responsible for minimising downtime of the plant in regards to breakdowns, damages and incidents
- To monitor the plant from the SCADA control system
- Monitor feedstock quality and digestate volumes, conducting basic feedstock sampling and testing and reviewing biological data and reports
- You'll ensure the plant is running in accordance to relevant legislations, operating permits and H&S regulations
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Relevant HND/HNC/City and Guilds in an engineering discipline is desirable
- Proven experience in AD or in a related industry
- An understanding of process plant and engineering systems
- Experience of operating either agricultural or plant machinery
- Computer literacy is essential - completing spreadsheets and writing reports
- SCADA experience is hugely preferable
If you'd like to know more about this position, then please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com or call Tim Norford on 02393910108 for more information.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.