Plant Assistant - CHP
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Astute are looking for an Operations Technician to join the expanding Operations Team on a Combined Heat and Power facility in East London. Utilising the latest technology, the site is producing ~20MW of Heat & Power from used fats, oils and greases (FOGS) from the local area.
Reporting to the Site Operations Supervisor you will be part of a Shift Team responsible for supporting the safe and efficient running of the plant including managing road tanker movements as well as testing and discharging of fuels.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Operations Supervisor, as the Plant Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Contributing towards the safe and efficient operation of the plant adhering to environmental compliance
- Following operational policies & procedures as well as being involved in process sampling, plant outages, plant projects, etc.
- Supporting the Operations Technicians and other team members to maximise plant availability and reliably
- Supporting site activities such as operating mobile plant including forklift trucks
- Assisting with vehicle marshalling on site
- Supporting the acceptance and control of the site spares
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- C&G/NVQ Level 2 in Engineering/Plant Operations or Apprentice qualified (desirable)
- Experience working in Power Generation or any other heavy process environment in a similar based role
- Mechanical/Electrical maintenance skillset
- IOSH or H&S certificate (desirable)
- Royal Navy Marine Engineer Leading Marine Engineers are welcome to apply
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent Benefits Package
If you are interested in this opportunity and want to discuss further, please contact Megan McLeod on 02393 910033 or email a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.