Planning Manager - Gas Peaking Plants
Manchester - with national travel
Competitive Salary + benefits
Our client, a global asset development and operating company within the energy sector, are looking for an experienced Planning Manager to join their innovative and expanding team and work on supporting the development of Gas Peaking Plants across the UK.
You should be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of regional civil engineering and infrastructure projects as well as being proficient in either of Primavera P6, MS Project, Asta Power Project, including resource and cost loading.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Director, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring planning expectations and methodologies incorporate the company's Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
- Assist with the production of robust phasing and costed, resource loaded programmes to determine construction sequences from first principles for tender and/or live construction projects
- Review risk and opportunities for every programme produced and highlight potential mitigation measures in the programme, including float and time risk allowance
- Liaise with supply chain to develop the programme with regards to design, construction periods, and plant & labour requirements
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Multiple Project Planning and reporting (MS Projects, Primavera and project reporting skills)
- Experience working in the Power Generation Sector e.g. Gas Peaking Plants, EfW, biomass, etc.
- Good knowledge of NEC types of contract
- Commercial acumen
- Experience of site/contract procedures
- In-date CSCS card
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive salary
- Company benefits
- Chance to be involved in developing 6-8 Gas Peaking Plants
To apply for this position, please seen a copy of your updated CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or dial 02392 288 282 and ask to speak with Arjun Patel who can tell you more about this exciting opportunity
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.