Planning Development Manager
£50,000 - £65,000 plus benefits
April 2020 start date
Location - North West UK
Our client is looking for a Planning Development Manager to lead the delivery of projects from inception, planning through to occupation of developments in the Renewable energy sector.
- Overseeing planning development plans and applications.
- Detailed knowledge of the UK energy landscape and development sensitivities.
- Experience of delivering complex, multi-phase planning applications at Town and Country Planning Act and National Planning level.
- Advising and engaging with stakeholders on planning policy and regulations.
- Attending key planning meetings and appeal hearings.
- Managing planning compliance and making representations.
- Informing and updating budgets associated with new developments - overseeing contractor management for project consultant teams. Reporting
- Preparing planning application alongside consultant team, before obtaining planning consent for proposals.
- Liaising with the business development team on the development of new site proposals.
- Keeping up to date with planning regulations, policy and legislation.
- Preparing supporting documentation for proposals including key data related to projects: land use, occupancy rates, infrastructure support, demographic and costing facts and figures.
- Attending and presenting at proposal meetings, planning consent boards, appeal panels and public inquiries.
- Preparing budgets and overseeing the financial administration of planning projects.
- Communicating with key stakeholders involved in the project including external and government agencies.
- Performing surveys and field studies where required.
- Maintaining continual professional development in accordance with the requirements of the professional institute.
- Outstanding research skills together with an in-depth knowledge of town planning processes.
- Analytical ability to understand and interpret data for a range of audiences.
- Exemplary administration skills with an ability to make sound and appropriate judgement at each stage of the planning process.
- Solid project management skills with an ability to be flexible when required.
- Strong numeracy skills with some experience of managing complex budgets.
- An ability to prioritise workloads and juggle competing demands.
- Good listening skills with an aptitude for superior written and verbal communications.
- Deep understanding of the planning consent process.
- Client facing competencies with the ability to present and communicate at senior levels and across a range of stakeholders..
- Problem solving with creative skillfulness.
- Experienced in using planning software and data systems.
- Relevant experience
- Vast proven planning experience in town and urban planning.
- Extensive experience of the planning process from preparation and submission to consent and appeal.
- Evidence of previous report writing and making recommendations on major planning applications.
- Analytical track record for using and translating data for proposal planning purposes.
- Project management know-how with previous experience of taking planning projects through the stages from formation to finalisation.
If you are interested in this challenging role then please contact Greg Storey on 02392 222 966 or on firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.