Performance Improvement Manager - Energy from Waste
£70,000 + car allowance + bonus
We are currently recruiting a Performance Improvement Manager to work at an energy from waste power station in Glasgow, Scotland. Reporting to the Head of Performance Improvement you will ultimately be responsible for working with the station management team in preparing, understanding and utilising performance reporting and KPIs as well as ensuring plant defects are properly reported and their root causes are fully investigated.
What will I be doing?
Typical duties of the Performance Improvement Manager will include:
- Working with the stations management team and EPC contractors to ensure the plant is brought up to the design standards of availability and generation efficiency on a consistent basis.
- Monitoring, advising and directing the stations management team in preparing, understanding and utilising relevant performance reporting and KPIs.
- Ensuring that potential solutions to the root causes of defects and other causes of plant underperformance are identified, assessed and costed with justified recommendations for solutions
- Working with numerous stakeholders including operations and maintenance managers, EPC contractors, owners engineers and other technical specialists
- Taking part in all departmental management meetings relating to performance improvement
- Ensuring that safety and environmental compliance are prioritised in the improvement of performance
What experience does the role require?
In order to be considered for this opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- Extensive engineering/maintenance experience in the power generation sector. This can include energy from waste, biomass, CCGT or coal
- Ideally a degree level qualification in an engineering discipline e.g. mechanical, electrical, chemical etc. HND/HNC level will also be considered backed up by extensive experience
- Excellent knowledge around power station plant performance issues and experience with implementing improvements to enhance performance
- A strong analytical ability to address technical issues
- A full UK driving licence is essential for this role
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
- A basic salary up to £70,000
- A company car or car allowance
- A performance related bonus
- A contributory pension
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.