Contract Operations Technician - CCGT Plant
We are recruiting for a Contract Operations Technician to join the Operations Department of an 880MW Combined Cycle Gas Turbine power station just outside of Manchester on a 12-month contract to cover an outage starting in March. This highly efficient gas fired power station will produce enough electricity to power over a million homes and businesses in the local area. The Operations Technician will be responsible for the start-up, shut down and running of the power plant to achieve production targets in a safe and efficient manner.
Reporting into the Shift Team Leader, the Shift Operations Technician will be responsible for:
- Using the Distributed Control System to start up, shut down and operate gas turbines, steam turbines, waste heat recovery boilers, pumps, compressors and more.
- Monitoring pressures, temperatures, flows and emissions around the site.
- Monitoring plant performance and alarms to ensure safe and efficient delivery of production targets
- Performing first line maintenance reporting abnormal conditions for corrective action using the work management system.
- Maintaining shift operations records and preparing reports on plant operation.
- Carrying out project work and activities as directed
- Communicating effectively with stakeholders such as National Grid and Traders
This is a role that involves working days for the first 2 months and then 12 hour shifts following on to the end of the contract, therefore a flexible approach to working patterns and routines is required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
To be considered for the Shift Operations Technician contract you should:
- Have at least 4 years' experience in plant operations in the power generation industry. CCGT experience would be ideal but candidates from CHP plants, coal stations or other forms of power generation will be considered. Royal Navy Marine Engineers at PO/CPO level will also be considered
- GT26 experience
- Hold a relevant engineering qualification such as HNC/HNC/NVQ Level 3 etc
- A high regard for HSE compliance at all times
- An IOSH or NEBOSH is desirable but not essential
What's on offer
- Attractive rates
- 12 month contract
To apply for this vacancy please email a copy of your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02393 910 037 and ask to speak
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.