Operations Supervisor - Industrial Boiler Services.
Up to £45,000 plus fully expensed vehicle, pension & other benefits.
We are currently looking for an Operations Supervisor to join a leading power station support service provider. Based from home, you will be working with clients to provide a first-class professional service across the entirety of the UK.
You will be providing an industrial boiler cleaning & inspection service that utilises detonative charges to remove ash deposits in power plant boilers. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to utilise their heavy engineering / power station knowledge and step away from a static site position.
As an Operations Supervisor, you will be responsible for...
- Supervising a team of 15+ Technicians / Operatives.
- Overseeing controlled detonative cleaning procedures in heavy engineering environments.
- Monitoring critical plant equipment via a laptop and responding to irregularities if needed.
- Traveling across the UK for planned and emergency work.
- Liaising with sites operations & maintenance teams to carry out detonative cleaning procedures.
- Carrying out boiler inspections to check for corrosion / build ups.
- Delivering reports on the outcome of cleaning procedures & inspections.
As the business works with and services most of the UK's power plants, this position will require a lot of traveling to carry out inspections, cleaning procedures and responding to emergency call outs. Therefore, candidates must be flexible and happy to travel for most of the working week, sometimes at short notice.
Candidates will have a proven track record in managing / supervising engineers & technicians in a heavy engineering environment.
To be considered, candidates will hold a formal mechanical engineering qualification, coupled with a health and safety qualification (NEBOSH etc). Given the environment you will be working in, health and safety is paramount when conducting day to day operations.
Candidates who have experience in the operations or maintenance of thermal combustion boilers / power plants would be desirable. However, those who have worked for an engineering service provider would also be suitable.
What's on offer
- A basic salary up to £45,000, depending on experience
- Company vehicle
- Benefits package.
- The ability to travel around the UK.
How to apply
To apply, please call Dan Bisset on 02392 288 213 or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.