Operations Manager - Energy from Waste
Competitive Salary & Benefits (inc Bonus & Car)
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with an international company who specialise in Energy from Waste & Biomass power plants across Germany and the UK. They are building a three line plant capable of processing 210,000 tonnes of waste per year. They are looking for an Operations Manager to join the Operations Team and be an integral part of this new build project.
With other projects in the pipeline and existing assets in the South East & South West of the UK this is an excellent opportunity to join the company as they continually grow.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Facility Manager, as Operations Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Overall responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of the plant
- The day to day management of 20 + operations staff including shift teams and operations day staff
- Ensuring the EfW plant operates and complies within environmental regulations at all times
- Liaising with the Maintenance Manager and other relevant personnel regarding projects maintenance, outages and programming of plant improvements
- Overseeing 3rd party contractors
- Preparing the annual budget for the operations department for review and work within this budget
- Liaising with company directors and managers as well as external stakeholders such as contractors, principal client and the environmental agency
- Working with the Facility Manager and Maintenance Manager in the recruitment of the O&M Teams
- Deputising for the Facility Manager and Maintenance Manager when required
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Extensive operations experience in the power generation sector. This can include energy from waste, CCGT, coal or biomass
- A relevant technical qualification such as a degree/HND/HNC in an engineering discipline e.g. mechanical, electrical or C&I
- Experience in managing budgets and in the training and development of staff
- Knowledge of environmental permits, H&S issues and safe working environments
- IOSH / NEBOSH or relevant Health & Safety qualification
- Prior experience on a new build would be advantageous
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual bonus
- Car allowance
- Opportunity to join a new and modern Energy from Waste plant
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.