Operations Manager - New Energy from Waste Plant
£60,000 - £70,000 + 10% bonus + benefits
We are recruiting an Operations Manager to work at a newly constructed energy from waste power station in the south of London. The Operations Manager will oversee all operational aspects of the power station and processes on site ensuring the plant is compliant with all environmental legislations and permits. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Shift Team Leader or current Operations Manager from the power / EFW industry to join the team at a plant that has recently moved in to commercial operation.
What you'll be doing...
Typical duties of the Operations Manager will include:
- Responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of the plant
- The day to day management of circa 20 operations staff including shift teams and operations day staff
- Ensuring the power station operates and complies within environmental regulations at all times
- Liaising with the Maintenance Manager and other relevant personnel regarding projects, maintenance, outages, costing and programming of plant improvements
- The day to day monitoring of plant efficiency and directing the operations staff to optimise the power station accordingly
- Preparing the annual budget for the Operations department for review and work within this budget
- Carry out annual performance reviews with operations staff
What you will need...
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- Extensive operations experience in the power generation or waste/recycling industry. This can include CCGT, coal, CHP, energy from waste or biomass.
- A relevant engineering or technical qualification at degree / HND / HNC level
- Knowledge of environmental permits, H&S issues and safe working environments
- Experience of managing budgets and in the training and development of staff
- Supervisory / management experience in the power generation or waste sector
- A full driving licence is essential as travel to other sites may be required at times
What is in it for you...
The package on offer for the Operations Manager includes:
- An excellent basic salary up to £70,000
- A performance related bonus up to 10%
- A company pension
- Excellent holidays
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.