Operations Manager - Energy from Waste Power Station
Up to £55,000 + car/car allowance + bonus + benefits
Sheffield, South Yorkshire
We are currently recruiting an Operations Manager to join an operational 21MW energy from waste power station in the Sheffield area. This plant processes approximately 225,000 tonnes of waste per year which is enough to power over 25,000 homes. The Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing the 24/7 operation of the plant ensuring the site is compliant with environmental legislation whilst operating at maximum efficiency.
What will I be doing?
Reporting into the Plant Manager, typical duties of the Operations Manager will include:
- Overall responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of the plant
- The day to day management of operations staff including Shift Team Leaders, Plant Operators and operations day staff
- Ensuring the EFW plant operates and complies within with the environmental permit of the site
- Liaising with the Maintenance Manager and other relevant personnel regarding projects maintenance, outages and programming of plant improvements
- Ensuring compliance with the health, safety, environmental & quality (HSEQ) systems.
- Assisting in preparing the annual budget for the operations department for review and work within this budget
- Lead, manage and motivate the team and take responsibility for the professional development of individuals
- Working with the General Manager and Maintenance Manager in the recruitment of the O&M Teams
What experience does the role require?
In order to be considered for this opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- Extensive operations experience in the power generation sector. This can include energy from waste, CCGT, CHP, coal or biomass
- A relevant technical qualification such as an HND/HNC in an engineering discipline e.g. mechanical, electrical or C&I
- Experience in managing budgets and in the training and development of staff
- Knowledge of environmental permits, H&S issues and safe working environments
- Strong leadership and management skills
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
- A salary up to £55,000 depending on experience
- A company car or car allowance
- A performance related bonus
- A contributory pension
- Private medical
- The chance to join the growing EFW sector
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 284 and speak to Kyle Shinn
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.