Operations Manager - Energy from Waste
Competitive Salary & Benefits (inc Bonus & Car)
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with an industry leader within Waste & Energy from Waste and are looking for an Operations Manager to lead the Operations Team, managing the day to day activities and ultimately ensuring that the plant is operated in a safe and efficient manner resulting in the achievement of production targets.
The site currently burns approximately 160,000 tonnes of refuse derived fuel per year, producing steam which is exported to a local site for power generation and use within the district heating scheme. More recently, they've had approval for a 14MW 3rd line to be constructed so this role will also be heavily involved in the commissioning and start-up activities of this new Energy from Waste site.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the General Manager, as Operations Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Overall responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of the plant
- The day to day management of 20 + operations staff including shift teams and operations day staff
- Ensuring the EfW plant operates and complies within environmental regulations at all times
- Liaising with the Maintenance Manager and other relevant personnel regarding projects maintenance, outages and programming of plant improvements
- Overseeing 3rd party contractors
- Preparing the annual budget for the operations department for review and work within this budget
- Liaising with company directors and managers as well as external stakeholders such as contractors, principal client and the environmental agency
- Deputising for the General Manager and Maintenance Manager when required
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A degree in an engineering discipline e.g. mechanical, electrical or C&I is a minimum requirement
- Extensive operations experience in the power generation sector. This can include energy from waste, CCGT, coal or biomass
- Experience in managing budgets and in the training and development of staff
- Knowledge of environmental permits, H&S issues and safe working environments
- IOSH / NEBOSH or relevant Health & Safety qualification
- Strong Shift Team Leaders / Managers would be welcome to apply
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Package includes bonus and car allowance
- Opportunity to join a modern Energy from Waste plant
- Excellent company with a strong performance culture
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.