Operations Manager - Energy from Waste Plant
Up to £55,000 + benefits
We are currently recruiting an Operations Manager to a recently commissioned energy from waste power station in North Yorkshire. The plant uses state of the art technology and comprises of a pre-treatment plant, AD (anaerobic digestion) facility and as mass burn incineration plant and produces enough energy to power up to 40,000 homes.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for overseeing all operational aspects of the plant and processes on site ensuring the plant is compliant with environmental legislations and permits. This is a great opportunity for someone to join a new facility in the early stages of its life cycle.
What you'll be doing...
Reporting in to the Plant Manager, the Operations Manager will be responsible for:
- Overall responsibility for the safe and efficient operation of the plant
- The day to day management of 20 + operations staff including shift teams and operations day staff
- Ensuring the facility operates and complies within environmental regulations at all times
- Liaising with the Maintenance Manager and other relevant personnel regarding projects maintenance, outages and programming of plant improvements
- Overseeing 3rd party contractors
- Preparing the annual budget for the operations department for review and work within this budget
- Liaising with company directors and managers as well as external stakeholders
- Working with the Plant Manager and Maintenance Manager in the recruitment of staff
- Deputising for the Plant Manager when required
What you will need...
In order to be considered for this fantastic opportunity it's important you meet criteria including:
- A relevant qualification at HNC level minimum in an engineering discipline. Qualifications below this level will be considered with extensive power / EfW experience
- Extensive operations experience in the power generation sector operating at Shift Team Leader or Operations Manager level. Candidates with solid fuel experience will be favoured (EfW, biomass, coal) but other forms of power generation will be considered.
- Experience of managing budgets and in the training and development of staff
- Solid knowledge of environmental permits, H&S issues and safe working environments
What is in it for you...
The successful candidate will receive:
- A competitive basic salary up to £55,000
- 24 days holiday + 8BH
- A contributory pension
- The opportunity to join the growing EFW industry
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.