Operations Manager - Energy from Waste
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with an international market leader within the Engineering industry who have recently moved into the Energy from Waste sector.
We are looking for an Operations Manager to manage their new Gasification Power Plant, located in Hertfordshire just North of the M25. This plant utilises Gasification Technology, combined with a Steam Turbine, to generate ~10MWe which is enough to power around 7,000 homes. As an Energy from Waste plant using Refuse Derived Fuel, the plant will also be reducing approximately 90,000 Tonnes of waste from heading to a landfill on an annual basis.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the UK General Manager, as Plant Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the plant ensuring compliance with H&S, environmental constraints and regulations at all times.
- Take lead role in H&S meetings, reviewing Safe Systems of Work documentation and policies and ensuring they are maintain appropriately and fit for purpose.
- Work alongside the Maintenance Team to plan and coordinate outages / maintenance activities and plant improvements to ensure maximum plant availability.
- Develop a team culture of continuous improvement, sharing best practise ideas and cross team communication.
- Preparing the annual budget for the Operations department and work within this budget.
- Ensure compliance with the company's Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental management systems, policies and procedures, ensuring that systems are in place to maintain safe systems of work for company and contractors staff.
- Deputising for the General Manager and Engineering Manager when required
Skills and Qualification
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- At least five years Supervisory/Management experience in an Operations role on a Power Station. This can include Energy from Waste, CCGT, Coal or Biomass.
- HND/HNC or above, in a relevant Engineering discipline with Maintenance skills
- H&S qualification such as IOSH or NEBOSH with knowledge of Environmental Permits and Safe Working Environments
- Experience of managing budgets and in the training and development of staff
- Experienced in managing operational teams, shift rotas, resource planning etc.
- Steam Raising experience
How to Apply
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 288 286 and speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 286 and speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.