Circa £55,000 + Bonus Scheme + Car + Medical
Our client is an innovative and ground-breaking organisation specialising in the treatment of hazardous and clinical waste across the UK. They are currently looking to recruit an Operations Manager to join their established team at their facility in Avonmouth to lead and develop their current operations on-site. With a growing focus on Clinical and Hazardous waste, this is an exciting time to join this growing business with a focus on developing their state-of-the-art technology and services across the UK and overseas.
- Working closely with the directors and heading up the operational function within the company, you will be responsible for:
- Day to day running of two operational plants on a busy waste site, ensuring they are functioning in a safe and profitable manner.
- Working closely with the operational and engineering teams to maximise production and ensure the business meets its KPI's.
- Driving forward a positive safety culture throughout the business and developing and implementing continuous improvement plans.
- Ensuring environmental compliance is maintained, working with all staff to ensure the conditions of the Waste Management Licence and necessary legislation is strictly adhered to.
- Pushing further training needs and development of site staff accordingly, developing a team in a culture of mutual respect.
To be considered for this position, candidates are expected to have previous experience running a waste processing operation and have good understanding of relevant environmental and regulatory considerations.
A valid WAMITAB COTC certification covering transfer (haz) and treatment is essential as well as relevant training and certification such as IOSH and NEBOSH would be desirable.
The candidate should have substantial line management experience and a sound knowledge of waste treatment processes, logistics and regulation
What's on Offer
This opening presents a first-class opportunity to head up the operational function of a leading business based on a state-of-the-art technology for processing clinical and hazardous waste.
You will be responsible for managing an established team operating 2 plants on a site in Avonmouth and you will be part of the senior management team which is driving an ambitious programme of growth in the UK and overseas. With exciting growth plans, this is an excellent opportunity to manage their flagship facility and help grow and develop their business.
In return for the right candidate they can offer a competitive salary of £55,000 plus a competitive package including a company car, private medical cover and a performance-based bonus scheme.
How to apply
To apply, please call Gemma Nixon on 02392 222 964 or send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.