Operations & Maintenance Assistant - Energy from Waste Plant
Competitive salary + benefits
We are currently recruiting for an Operations & Maintenance Assistant to join a new Energy from Waste plant in Gloucestershire. The OMA's will form part of a shift team and be for ensuring a smooth and efficient operation of the delivery of municipal waste to the site as well as the processing and disposal of Incinerated Bottom Ash (IBA).
This plant will combust residual waste at a rate of 190,000 tonnes per year and produce in excess of 14 MW to export to the grid, enough to power over 25,000 homes.
What will I be doing?
- The day to day running of the weighbridge
- Operating yellow plant, including forklift truck, telehandler and front-loading shovel
- Management and removal of the IBA (Incinerated Bottom Ash)
- Vehicle marshalling / controlling the tipping hall operation
- Maintaining clean working conditions in the fuel reception area, tipping hall and delivery routes
- Ensuring the constant availability of waste to be processed.
- Carrying out waste inspections and reporting non-conforming waste
What experience does role require?
In order to be considered for this vacancy it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- Experience of driving yellow plant (front loader, telehandler, FLT) as well as an in house ticket as a minimum
- A strong teamwork ethic
- A flexible approach to working
- An ability to work in a changing, fast paced environment
- Experience in an industry such as waste management, quarrying, cement works, construction or steel would be advantageous
What's in it for me?
Successful candidates will receive:
- A competitive starting salary
- Overtime at 1.5x
- In depth training
- Opportunities to develop and cross skill to other disciplines within the business
- A chance to join a new EFW plant
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02393 910 033 and ask to speak to Megan McLeod.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.