Multi Skilled Technician (Shifts) - Site Utilities
Circa £34,000 + benefits
We are currently recruiting for Multi Skilled Technician to perform pre planned and reactive maintenance work on a utilities plant in Liverpool. The Multi Skilled Technician will work as part of a shift pattern and be responsible for electrical and mechanical maintenance work on a range of utilities plant which supplies a nearby pharmaceutical site with power, hot water and heating.
What you'll be doing...
Reporting to the Site Manager you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out pre-planned and reactive maintenance work on gas turbines, boilers, pumps, compressors, water treatment plant etc
- Routine steam boiler checks complying with legislation and company procedures.
- Implement safe systems of work - isolations, permits to work risk assessments & method statements
- Boiler water treatment analysis
- Utilise the site CMMS to monitor and analyse plant performance
- Carrying out all activities with the highest regard for health and safety
What you will need...
To be considered for this Multi Skilled Technician opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- A relevant technical qualification such an HNC/NVQ/C&G in mechanical or electrical engineering supported by a time served apprenticeship
- At least 5 years of experience in a heavy process environment in mechanical / electrical maintenance. This can be from a utilities plant, pharmaceutical site, chemical plant etc. Royal Navy Engineers at ET / LET level will also be suitable
- Experience maintaining utilities plant equipment including gas turbines, boilers, pumps, water treatment plant etc
- Experience working with a computerised maintenance management system
- The ability to work independently
- Steam generation experience would be an advantage
This role involves working on a 2 days 2 nights 6 off shift pattern, therefore a flexible approach to working routines will be required.
What is in it for you...
This successful candidate will receive:
- A salary between £28,000 - £34,000
- A company pension
- Other benefits
How do I apply?
To apply for this opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve Utton
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.