Multi Skilled Shift Engineer
£35,242 rising to £40,365 after probation
Astute Technical are currently recruiting for Shift Engineers for a high-profile client in the food production and manufacturing industry. This is a great opportunity for experienced Engineers to work for an established global provider of food manufacturing excellence.
This role is a shift-based position involving both day and night shifts. The work requires a confident and capable Engineer with experience and understanding in Electrical and Mechanical engineering, with a bias to either.
As a Multi Skilled Shift Engineer, your duties will include:
- Work Orders
- Reactive Maintenance
- Operate and maintain the computerised maintenance system
- Ensure all work carried out on the production stream meets the requirements of Quality, Safety, Food Safety, Health and Environment policies and procedures.
- Receive and complete all relevant handover documentation and communication from the previous and to the next shift
- Attend training courses as required
- Demonstrate involvement in continuous improvement for both the production stream and engineering department projects
- Follow electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical assembly drawings to ensure the prompt identification of production equipment faults
- Provide excellent internal customer service
To be considered for the Multi Skilled Shift Engineer role, it would be desirable to have:
- Time Served Craft Apprenticeship in either Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- City & Guilds, National Craft Certificate, NVQ Level 3, or relevant mechanical or electrical qualification
- Proficient written, numerical and verbal skills
- Proficiency and fluency of English language (oral and written)
- Basic computer competency in MS Office and any CMMS systems
As a Multi Skilled Shift Engineer, you will receive:
- 24 days holiday + 3 bank Hols (Xmas, Boxing day and New Year's day)
- Auto Enrolment Pension
- Long Term Service Awards
- Subsidised Canteen
- Discounted Local Shop
- Onsite Free and secure Car Park
Applying for this exciting opportunity could not be easier, simply email your up to date CV and covering letter to Natasha Elliott on email@example.com or 02393 910 043
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.