Mould Shop Manager
My Client has been designing and manufacturing glass bottles and jars for over 260 years, and they're still leading the way when it comes to quality, flexibility and innovation. They have a wide range of general sale glass containers for the food, pharmaceutical and beverage markets, many available from stock.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- To ensure the following services are fit for purpose and ensure continuous reliability :-
- Maintain all current running mould equipment.
- Liaise with the mould shop administrator/mould shop procurement administrator regarding all contract repairs to best fit current production plan.
- Plan, prepare and execute all work involving mould shop for job changes.
- Co-ordinate day and shift craft personnel through a systematic approach, and data collection to ensure maximum output.
- Attend the Job Off, Forward Plan and Job On Meetings to raise and collect relevant information.
- Add to mould repair output by carrying out inspections and repairs where time permits.
Identify, record and communicate as CONCERNS any ongoing situation which will prevent the achievement of the highest standards of performance within the department or which may affect others in a similar way.
· Liaise with mould shop administrator when assessing stock levels/ holidays etc.
- Review workloads, short and medium term, and ensure that manpower and equipment are available to ensure work is carried out within the agreed timescales.
- Carry out regular assessments of Apprentices
- Audit, Appraise, Coach and Support Team leaders and Craftsmen.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested within skill set
- It is essential to be an Apprentice trained mechanical engineer
- Experience in the glass industry desirable
- Experience in mould repair / bench fitting
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Experience in gas welding/milling/turning/polishing is essential
- Experience of Lean Manufacturing - Desirable
- Ability to work machinery and systems to SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Understanding of targets and OTIF (On Time In Full
- ·ILM level 2 (or equivalent) - Desirable
- IOSH or equivalent H&S training - Desirable
If you are interested in applying for this role or finding out more please contact Sara Nash on 02393 910040 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.