Mechanical Technician - Energy from Waste
Excellent salary + OT
We are recruiting for a Mechanical Technician to join the maintenance department of a recently commissioned energy from waste power station in North Yorkshire. The Mechanical Technicians will be responsible for pre-planned and reactive maintenance work on all mechanical equipment across the site to ensure plant downtime is kept to a minimum. This is a great opportunity to join a new facility in the early stages of its life cycle.
What you will be doing...
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager you will be responsible for:
- Performing planned and reactive maintenance work on all mechanical equipment including pumps, fans, compressors, hydraulics, conveyors etc
- Supporting the Maintenance Manager in the planning and coordination of site outages and project work
- Managing on site contractors and participating in the training of new staff
- Assisting with scheduled and unscheduled outage activities as required to ensure all aspects of mechanical work are completed in a safe and efficient manner
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS
- Ensuring HSE compliance at all times
What you will need...
- A relevant technical qualification such as a City & Guilds, ONC, HNC in mechanical engineering or similar
- Experience in maintaining a wide range of mechanical plant including pumps, conveyors, compressors, fans, gearboxes and pipework etc
- Previous experience with CMMS (computerised maintenance management systems)
- At least 4 years of hands on experience gained in a heavy process environment. This could be on a power station, chemical plant, refinery or a paper mill. Royal Navy Marine Engineers would also suit (LET level or above).
What is in it for you...
This successful candidate will receive:
- A competitive salary up to £39,200
- 24 days holiday + 8 BHs
- Overtime at 1.5x, double time Sundays
- A contributory pension
This is a day role, Monday to Friday. However, you will need a flexible approach to working routines as you may have to work outside of these hours during outage periods etc.
How do I apply?
To apply for this opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.