Wind Turbine Mechanical Technician
Salary £26,547 and earn up to £32,000 OTE with overtime, on-call and working away allowances.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Mechanical Technician to join one of the World's largest manufacturers and developers in the wind industry. We are delighted to present this highly sought-after opportunity to start a career within the onshore wind sector.
Our Client is looking for a local Mechanical Technician who has a good head for heights and strong team work ethic, to join their team as an operations and maintenance technician for local wind turbines.
Full Global Wind Organisation (GWO) Certificate training will be provided; presenting a rare opportunity for technicians who do not possess wind turbine experience, to start an exciting new career with a global leader in the industry.
As a Wind Turbine Mechanical Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out scheduled and responsive maintenance and repairs of the turbines.
- Installation and retrofitting of key mechanical components.
- Supporting and assisting the Electrical Technician when required.
- Conduct risk assessments and method statements as required.
- Daily detailed reporting of all work completed.
- Covering other sites across the UK and Europe, requiring overnight stays and travel when requested.
- Other duties as required.
To be considered for this Wind Turbine Mechanical Technician role, you must have:
- An Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Proven track record of experience fault finding and reporting on mechanical issues.
- Experience in the wind industry.
- High level of Health & Safety awareness.
- Ability to work at heights.
- Willingness to travel internationally and the flexibility to stay away.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a Global leader in the Wind Energy Sector! Offering a competitive salary up to £32,000 OTE, plus benefits including overtime opportunities, a working away allowance, annual leave, pension and private medical.
If you would like to apply for this Wind Turbine Mechanical Technician role, please email a copy of your latest CV to email@example.com or call Kate Tyrrell on 02392 222960 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.