Mechanical Technician - Energy from Waste
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Astute are looking for a Mechanical Technician to join the Maintenance Department of a newly built Energy from Waste Power Station located in the South East of England.
As a Mechanical Technician you'll be responsible for all reactive & preventative maintenance across a variety of critical equipment including boilers, heat exchangers, conveyors, pumps, gearboxes and associated plant.
This plant can produce up to 49.9MW of Power by processing up to 550,000 tonnes of waste per year, usually destined for landfill. The client has a a fleet of 25 plants worldwide, capable of producing over 700MW of power. An additional expansion has been proposed, increasing capacity to 75MW of generating power and 657,000 tonnes of waste to be used as a fuel supply.
Roles & Responsibilities
Your duties as a Mechanical Technician will include reporting to the Mechanical Engineer and you will be responsible for:
- Fault finding and maintaining mechanical assets including pumps, gearboxes, valves, etc.
- Working in line with maintenance techniques and best practices
- Assisting in plant developments and projects
- Supervising and setting to work on site contractors
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records on the site CMMS including creating work packs and reporting on works carried out
- Assist in outage planning, scheduling and coordination
- Ensure appropriate levels of stock / spares are available
- Involved in continuous improvement activities, plant inspections and fault investigation work
- Liaise with the operations team to ensure plant availability
- Taking part in emergency call outs / off duty cover.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant technical qualification such as a C&G / NVQ / ONC / HNC in mechanical engineering or a similar discipline
- At least 5 years of hands on maintenance experience with mechanical systems including pumps rotating equipment, compressors, gearboxes, cranes etc
- Practical knowledge of process plant and equipment gained in a heavy engineering environment such as power generation, petrochemical, steel works, CHP plant, paper mill etc. Royal Navy Marine Engineers will also be considered
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive salary.
- Benefits package including Pension.
- Opportunity to join a newly constructed Energy from Waste Power Station.
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 284 and ask to speak to Kyle Shinn who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.