Mechanical Technician - New Energy from Waste Power Station
Competitive Salary + Benefits Package
Lanakshire - Scotland
About the client
Our client is a Global Business, providing leading technologies in the Minerals, Metals, Energy and Water industries across the world. Committed to sustainability, they are looking for people to join them who share the same values as they do. Focused on creating leading technologies, they aspire for excellence and building success together and for their customers.
With over 100 years in operation, this is an exciting opportunity to join the Business as they expand into the UK market as they have been awarded four contracts in the United Kingdom for Operations & Maintenance of Energy from Waste Plants and are delivering seven plants in total and there are more to follow.
We're currently recruiting for a Mechanical Technician to join the Maintenance Department of a state of the art Energy from Waste Power Station in Levenseat, Scotland. This plant is a UK first in combining a Fluidised Bed and Gasification Technology with Refuse Derived Fuel to produce approximately 12MW of Power for 18,000 homes.
As a Mechanical Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Fault finding and maintaining mechanical assets including pumps, gearboxes, valves, etc.
- Working in line with maintenance techniques and best practices
- To ensure compliance with the pressure regulations and lifting gear inspection requirements
- Assisting in plant developments and projects
- Supervising and setting to work on site contractors
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records on the site CMMS
- Assist in outage planning, scheduling and coordination
- To ensure the availability of plant spares
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an NVQ / ONC / HNC in mechanical engineering or a similar discipline
- At least 5 years of hands on maintenance experience with mechanical systems including pumps, compressors, gearboxes, cranes etc
- Practical knowledge of process plant and equipment gained in a heavy engineering environment such as power generation, petrochemical, steel works, CHP plant, paper mill etc. Royal Navy Marine Engineers will also be considered
- Involvement in plant mobilisation and commissioning is desirable but not essential
Package and benefits:
- A competitive starting salary with a call out allowance
- A performance related bonus - TBC
- Benefits including pension, holidays and more
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 288 214 and speak to Mollie Allison who can tell you more.
Astute Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.