Mechanical Technician - Energy from Waste
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Astute are working with the owners of the UK's largest Energy from Waste Power Station. We require a Mechanical Technician to join their Maintenance Department to carry out reactive and preventative maintenance across the site along with assisting during outages and working on a variety of projects.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Mechanical Engineer, as Mechanical Engineering Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Fault finding and maintaining mechanical assets including pumps, gearboxes, valves, etc.
- Working in line with maintenance techniques and best practices
- To ensure compliance with the pressure regulations and lifting gear inspection requirements
- Assisting in plant developments and projects
- Supervising and setting to work on site contractors
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records on the site CMMS
- Assist in outage planning, scheduling and coordination
- To ensure the availability of plant spares
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant technical qualification such as an HNC/NVQ/C&G in mechanical engineering or a similar discipline
- At least 4 years of hands on maintenance experience with mechanical systems including pumps, compressors, gearboxes, cranes etc
- Practical knowledge of process plant and equipment gained in a heavy engineering environment such as power generation, petrochemical, steel works, CHP plant, paper mill etc. Royal Navy Marine Engineers will also be considered
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive salary up to £50,000
- Performance related bonus
- Company Benefits
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 214 and ask to speak to Becki who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.