Mechanical Technician/Engineer - Power Station
6 - 12 Month Contract
We are recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Technician to support and assist the maintenance department on a gas fired power station in south wales performing technician and engineering duties.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager on the CCGT plant, as the Mechanical Technician you will be responsible for:
- Plant maintenance such as, breakdowns, routine and PPM on mechanical equipment for e.g: pumps, motors, valves, compressors, gas turbines, and boilers.
- Managing/supervising on site contractors.
- Issuing work permits, method statements and risk assessments.
- Regularly updating the sites computerised maintenance management system CMMS.
- Assisting with outage planning
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in this discipline within power generation
- HND, HNC or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
- Able to carry out fault finding tasks including maintenance
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.