Mechanical Project Engineer - Energy from Waste
Up to £42,000 plus bonus & benefits
Romford, East London
We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Project Engineer to join a growing organisation who specialise in the delivery of maintenance & improvement projects on Energy from Waste (EFW) Power Stations across the UK.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is currently 'on the tools' & ready to step up into an office-based project engineering role. You'll be responsible for securing new projects, meeting with customers to discuss their requirements, providing estimates & quotations, as well as following the projects through the full life cycle from start to finish.
What will I be doing?
As an office-based Mechanical Project Engineer, your duties will include:
- Successfully securing new plant maintenance, improvement & outage projects within the Energy from Waste (EFW) power industry.
- Meeting with customers to discuss & fully understand their works requirements, before providing them with a design & estimate for the project.
- Following the projects through the full life cycle from start through to completion, ensuring the works meet with customer requirements.
- The role will also offer overtime opportunities to remain 'on the tools', as you will be able to assist in the delivery of plant outage & breakdown projects.
What experience does the role require?
In order to be considered for this opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- Experience in a mechanical trade such as a Fitter, Plater, Fabricator or Pipefitter.
- Hold a relevant mechanical engineering qualification (such as an apprenticeship, NVQ, City & Guilds etc.).
- A background within a heavy engineering or process sector such as Energy from Waste, Power Generation, Chemical, Steel, Marine etc.
- You will need to hold a valid driving licence, as you will be required to travel as part of this role.
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
- A competitive salary of up to £42,000 depending on experience
- Company bonus scheme
- Other benefits including overtime, pension scheme & 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 288 284 and speak to Kyle Shinn who can provide more information.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.