Mechanical Maintenance Technician - Biomass CHP
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working exclusively with this client to support their recruitment on a 10.7MW biomass power station. We are looking for a Mechanical Technician to provide front line maintenance at the facility. You will be responsible for all aspects of the safe, compliant, and efficient maintenance on the mechanical equipment and systems on site.
The CHP facility provides steam and electricity to an animal rendering plant, using the waste-by-products (Meat & Bone Meal) as a primary fuel source.
Roles & Responsibilities…
· Reporting to the Maintenance Engineer you will be responsible for day to day scheduled maintenance, fault finding and breakdown activities
· Adhering to strict HSE rules and regulations as well as company policies and procedures
· Using the sites Computerised Maintenance Management System to report and log jobs
· Testing and calibration of Mechanical Systems
· Troubleshooting, routine, scheduled and major repair of all the Power Stations Mechanical, Pressure and Lifting Systems equipment
· Supporting outages, from planning, co-ordination to management
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
· A relevant technical qualification such as a City & Guilds Level 3/Apprenticeship in an engineering discipline
· At least 3 years' experience in a Maintenance environment on a Power Station/Heavy Process Plant. This could be Energy from Waste, Coal, CCGT, Biomass, CHP, Nuclear, Petrochemical etc
· Royal Navy Marine Engineers with at least three years' service will also be considered
· Ideally an IOSH or NEBOSH
· Experience on equipment such as Turbines, Conveyors, Valves, Steam Raising equipment
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02393 910 033 and speak to Megan McLeod who can tell you more
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.