Mechanical Maintenance Technician - Nuclear Decommissioning
Competitive Rate + Benefits
We are recruiting for a Mechanical Maintenance Technician to work at a decommissioning nuclear energy research facility in Harwell. You will be performing maintenance on various mechanical plant equipment including machine shop, pressure systems and performing other general plant activities.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Site Manager, as the Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Maintenance on mechanical plant equipment including breakdowns and PPM
- Maintaining a safe & secure workplace
- Use of Computerized maintenance management systems
- Operating computer-controlled plant equipment including mechanical assembly
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Background as a mechanical fitter/technician in a heavy industry
- A mechanical engineering degree or apprenticeship is desirable e.g. City & Guilds, NVQ or equivalent.
- Able to work a shift rota
- Nuclear experience is desirable
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Up to a 9-month contract length
- Shift allowance
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02393 910 037 and ask to speak to Luke Bennett who can tell you more
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.