Mechanical Fitter - Energy from Waste
Kent / East London
Highly Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
Astute are working with the owners of the UK's largest Energy from Waste Power Station. We require a Mechanical Fitter / Technician to join their Maintenance Department to carry out reactive and preventative maintenance activities across the site along with assisting during outages and working on a variety of projects.
The plant is capable of processing 750,000 tonnes of waste per year and through utilising the River Thames and it's own barge fleet is able to remove 100,000 truck movements off of London's roads every year. With a sister plant due to be constructed next door, this is an excellent opportunity to join one of the UK's busiest sectors.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Mechanical Engineer, as Mechanical Fitter / Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Performing planned and reactive maintenance work on all mechanical heavy plant equipment including gearboxes, , pumps, fans, compressors, hydraulics, valves, pipework, conveyors etc
- Ensuring work is carried out in a timely manner to maintain plant availability.
- Manage the plants lubrication process.
- Supporting the Maintenance Team in the planning and coordination of site outages and project work
- Assisting with scheduled and unscheduled outage activities as required to ensure all aspects of mechanical work are completed in a safe and efficient manner
- Maintaining accurate maintenance records using the site CMMS / EAM
- Ensuring HSE compliance at all times
- You may be required to assist at other plants locally as business needs required.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A Mechanical Engineering qualification and time served apprenticeship
- Experience in working on a wide range of mechanical plant including pumps, conveyors, compressors, fans, rotating equipment, gearboxes and pipework etc
- Previous experience with CMMS (computerised maintenance management systems)
- Mechanical experience gained in a heavy process environment. This could be on a power station, chemical plant, refinery or a paper mill. Royal Navy Mechanical Marine Engineers would also suit (LET level or above).
- Working knowledge of PSSR 2000 legislation would be highly recommended
- As would a H&S qualification such as an IOSH or NEBOSH
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A highly competitive salary including progression bandings
- Performance related bonus
- Company Benefits
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.