Mechanical Fitter - Energy from Waste
Up to £30,000 + Overtime
We are recruiting for a Mechanical Fitter to join the maintenance department of an Energy from waste facility in North Yorkshire. The Mechanical Fitter will be responsible for maintenance and repairs on the pre-treatment plant equipment in order to maximise waste throughput work. This is a great opportunity to join an energy from waste facility in the early stages of its life cycle.
What you will be doing...
Reporting to the Maintenance Technician you will be responsible for:
- Planned and preventative maintenance (PPM) across the site, as well as responding to breakdowns.
- Mechanical maintenance on heavy process plant (conveyors, pumps, motors, gearboxes, compressors, hydraulics etc.)
- Ensuring that the plant runs at optimum capacity with minimal downtime.
- Working as part of a Monday to Friday shift pattern (lates & nights).
- Adhering to health & safety requirements at all time.
- Other duties as required
What you will need...
- A relevant technical qualification such as a City & Guilds or NVQ in mechanical engineering or similar
- Experience in maintaining a wide range of mechanical plant including pumps, conveyors, compressors, fans, gearboxes and pipework etc
- Experience in a heavy process environment such as power, marine, chemical, steelwork etc.
What is in it for you...
This successful candidate will receive:
- A competitive salary between £25,000 to £30,000 depending on experience
- 24 days holiday + 8 BHs
- A contributory pension
This is a Monday to Friday role. However, you will need a flexible approach to working hours as this will involve working a late & a night shift.
How do I apply?
To apply for this opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively you can call 02392 288 284 and speak to Kyle Shinn
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.