Mechanical Field Service Engineer - Process Plants & Power Stations
Up to £42,000 + overtime + van + laptop+ phone
We are actively recruiting for a Mechanical Field Service Engineer to join a leading serving company who operate within various sectors including Power Stations, CHP Plants, Utilities, FMCG, Petrochemical and many more to deliver maintenance, resources, technical support and repairs.
This is a field based position covering Essex and South East parts of London. You may also be required to travel further afield within the UK as they grow their client base.
Role & Responsibilities
As a Mechanical Field Service Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out pre-planned and reactive maintenance on mechanical assets including turbines, pumps, gearboxes, conveyors, etc.
- Providing engineering solutions when immediate spares aren't available (retrofitting, reverse engineering or modifying equipment)
- Working in line with maintenance techniques and best practices complying with Health and Safety regulations
- Respond to reactive maintenance call outs
- Maintaining accurate maintenance and inspection logs up to date
- Assist in outage planning, scheduling and coordination
- Supervising contracted labour when on site
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for a candidate with the following knowledge / qualifications:
- Time Served Apprenticeship in a Mechanical Engineering field
- Strong experience working with rotating equipment such as Steam Turbines, Gas Turbines and associated equipment
- Experience working in a heavy process environment such as a power station, refinery, chemical plant or paper mill.
- As this is a field based role, a full UK driving licence is a necessity
Salary & Benefits
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A salary up to £42,000 per year
- Overtime (1.5x)
- Company van + mobile + laptop
- An opportunity to join a growing organisation
To apply for this opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Mollie Allison on 02392 288 214
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.