Rotating Plant Engineer - Power Station
North East Lincolnshire
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer to work at a large gas fired CHP plant in East Yorkshire. This plant has the capacity to produce around 1200MW of electricity whilst at the same time providing process steam utilised by local refineries. Using CCGT technology the plant is one of the most efficient in the country and consists of gas turbines, HRSG boilers, steam turbines, generators, water treatment plant, cooling systems, pumps, motors, compressors and much more.
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for managing the sites mechanical plant and large rotating equipment, with a specific focus on plant projects and plant improvement work.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, as the Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Acting as the site expert for all mechanical equipment and rotating plant, focusing on plant integrity and plant life maintenance
- Developing asset management strategies
- Implementing maintenance techniques and best practices
- Identifying areas of improvement
- Engineering and managing mechanical plant developments/ projects
- Managing high value maintenance contracts
- Providing mechanical maintenance expertise
- Directing mechanical technicians and contractors
- Ensuring HSE compliance at all times
- Managing a small budget for areas under your supervision
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A degree level qualification in a relevant Mechanical Engineering discipline
- Ideally a Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership
- Excellent technical knowledge of large rotating plant such as Gas and Steam Turbines, HRSG Boilers, Pumps, Cooling Towers, Compressors etc
- Experience gained in a heavy process industry ideally power generation but candidates from Steel Refineries, Paper Mills or other sources of Power Production will be considered
- The highest regards for health, safety and environmental compliance
- Detailed understanding of risk based maintenance techniques and their implementation.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent Benefits Package
- Opportunity to join one of Europe's largest CHP Power Stations
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 215 and ask to speak to Steve Utton who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.