Mechanical Engineer - Renewable Energy
Up to £58,000 DoE + benefits
Permanent, Full Time
Our client, a leading company who specialise in the design, build & operation of renewable energy plants, currently require an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join their team, based at their Oxford head office. You'll be responsible for playing a key role in the development of all mechanical equipment & systems for the company's future EPC projects from design through to procurement, installation & commissioning.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Designing major mechanical plant & equipment (including static, rotating & package equipment) throughout the conceptual & detailed design, procurement & construction phases.
- The main mechanical process plant you will focus on covers CHP, boilers, compressors, hydraulics, fans & blowers, piping design, mixers & stirrers.
- Preparing functional specifications for major equipment, ensuring it meets all applicable codes & standards.
- Providing technical assistance & support to engineers on all aspects of technical matters & audits.
- Participating in all project safety & design / HAZOP / HAZID & constructability reviews as required.
- Preparing engineering reports, method statements and Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality analysis (FMECA) reports.
- Other duties as required.
In order to be considered for this position, you will need to be a degree qualified Mechanical Engineer with proven experience in engineering design & working on EPC projects. A background working in the renewable energy, anaerobic digestion (AD), biogas, chemical, biomass, food, CHP or similar process sector is also ideal.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a leading role in the future projects for a leading renewable energy company! They're offering a competitive salary of up to £58,000 depending on experience, plus the company benefits package.
If you would like to apply for this Mechanical Engineer role, then please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tim Norford on 02393 910108 for more information.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.