Mechanical Engineer - Energy from Waste
Up to circa £55,000 + bonus + benefits
We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer to join an operational energy from waste Power Station in Glasgow. The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for ensuring the plants mechanical systems are maintained and in working order to ensure maximum availability.
What will I be doing?
Reporting to the Engineering & Maintenance Manager typical duties will include:
- Leading and managing a team of mechanical technicians to ensure the plant is maintained to the highest standard to ensure maximum plant availability
- Scheduling, planning, and optimising all mechanical maintenance activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Supervising and directing contractors.
- Working closely with the operations department to assess and review plant performance shortfalls and how these can be rectified
- Assisting in the setting up and development of the sites Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe manner and in line with company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
What experience does role require?
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, it's important you meet certain criteria including.
- A recognised engineering qualification at HNC level in a mechanical engineering discipline
- Significant knowledge of mechanical process plant maintenance gained in a heavy engineering environment such as Power Generation, Petrochemical, Refinery, Utilities plant etc.
- Experience in leading a team of technicians in daily maintenance practices and procedures
- An IOSH or NEBOSH qualification would be desirable
What's in it for me?
The successful candidate will receive:
- A highly competitive basic salary
- A performance related bonus
- A contributory pension
- The chance to join the growing EFW sector
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 288 215 02392 288 215 and speak to Steve Utton
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.