Mechanical Engineer - Energy from Waste Power Station
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with an international market leader within the Engineering industry who have recently moved into the Energy from Waste sector. We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join the Maintenance Team for their new Gasification Power Plant, located just North of the M25, North London.
This plant utilises Gasification Technology, combined with a Steam Turbine, to generate 10MWe which is enough to power around 7,000 homes. As an Energy from Waste plant using Refuse Derived Fuel, the plant will also be reducing approximately 90,000 Tonnes of waste from heading to a landfill on an annual basis.
Role & Responsibilities
Your duties as a Mechanical Engineer will include reporting to the Engineering Manager and you will be responsible for:
- Leading and managing a team of mechanical technicians to ensure the plant is maintained to the highest standard to ensure maximum plant availability
- Scheduling, planning and optimising all mechanical maintenance activities in a safe and efficient manner including shutdowns / outages
- Management of inspections, condition monitoring and reliability works, plant improvement projects and ensuring all documentation / reports are up to date
- Assist with the management of the maintenance budget, liaising with other discipline Engineers to ensure costs are controlled
- Supervising and directing contractors
- Working closely with the operations department to assess and review plant performance shortfalls and how these can be rectified
- Assisting in the management of the sites Computerised Maintenance Management System
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe manner and in line with company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
What you will need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- An engineering qualification such as a HND/HNC in Mechanical engineering; Qualifications below this level will still be considered if candidates can demonstrate extensive experience
- Familiarty in maintaining pumps, valves, turbines, gearboxes, conveyors, heat exchangers etc.
- Ideally, solid knowledge of pressure systems safety regulations (PSSR), rotating plant and boilers etc and associated legislation (LOLER, PUWER etc)
- Knowledge of mechanical process plant maintenance gained in a heavy process industry, ideally power generation. Other industries such as chemical, refining, steel will also be considered
- Experience in leading a team of technicians in daily maintenance practices and procedures
- NEBOSH / IOSH or similar Health & Safety qualification
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits package
- Opportunity to join a newly built Energy from Waste power station
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity and would like to find out more, please contact Dan Grosvenor on 02392 288 286 or email a CV & Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.