Mechanical Engineer - Energy from Waste
Competitive Salary & Excellent benefits
Astute are working with the owners of the UK's largest Energy from Waste Power Station. We require a Mechanical Engineer to join their Engineering Department to support the development of the strategic elements and resilience of the business. They will plan and develop major outage projects as well as provide technical support to the Maintenance Team when required to help maintain high plant availability.
Ideally, you'll be degree qualified and familiar with LTSA agreements, Steam Boilers, PSSR legislation and have proven supervisory experience in managing a team.
The plant is capable of processing 750,000 tonnes of waste per year and through utilising the River Thames and its own barge fleet is able to remove 100,000 truck movements off of London's roads every year. With a sister plant due to be constructed next door, this is an excellent opportunity to join one of the UK's busiest sectors.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, as a Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Providing engineering and technical support to the site maintenance technicians
- Assisting with the development of longer term maintenance strategies focusing on statutory regulations, plant improvement projects, outage planning, asset integrity, sustainability and obsolescence.
- Scheduling, planning and optimising all mechanical maintenance activities in a safe and efficient manner including shutdowns / outages.
- Management of inspections, condition monitoring and reliability works, performance testing and ensuring all documentation / reports are up to date, this includes a variety of approaches including International Standards for Asset Management, RCM and TPM.
- Assisting with the management of the maintenance budget, liaising with other discipline Engineers to ensure costs are controlled.
- Supervising and directing contractors and third party LTSA agreements.
- Working closely with the operations department to assess and review plant performance shortfalls and how these can be rectified.
- Assisting in the management and development of the sites Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Ensuring that all activities are carried out in a safe manner and in line with company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- An degree in a relevant Mechanical Engineering qualification or at least working towards a degree. Qualifications below this level will still be considered if candidates can demonstrate extensive experience.
- Ideally, solid knowledge of pressure systems safety regulations (PSSR), LOLER, PUWER, HAZOP, HAZID, CDM, rotating plant and boilers etc.
- Knowledge of mechanical process plant maintenance gained in a heavy process industry, ideally power generation. Other industries such as chemical, refining, steel will also be considered.
- Working experience of Condition Monitoring Systems including reports and data extraction.
- Conversant in the use of MS Office, MS Project and CAD packages.
- · Technical report writing.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive salary
- Site bonus
- A contributory pension
How do I apply?
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter to email@example.com or alternatively you can call 02392 288 286 and speak to Dan Grosvenor
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.