Mechanical Engineer- CCGT
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Astute are working with an international client who have several Power Generating assets across the United Kingdom. We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join the Engineering Team of this 700MW+ Combined Cycle Gas Turbine Power Station.
Using CCGT technology the plant is one of the most efficient in the country and consists of gas turbines, HRSG boilers, steam turbines, generators, water treatment plant, cooling systems, pumps, motors, compressors and much more. The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for managing the sites mechanical plant and large rotating equipment, with a specific focus on plant projects and plant improvement work
Roles & Responsibilities...
Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, as Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Acting as the site expert for all Mechanical Engineering assets such as steam and gas turbines, generators, pressure systems, HRSG and gas pipeline
- Implementing maintenance techniques and best practices while ensuring you are complying with HSE procedures
- Liaising with the maintenance and operation teams in investigating any plant issues and Identifying areas for improvement
- Engineering and managing mechanical plant developments/ projects in order to deliver against company KPI's
- Providing mechanical maintenance expertise
- To be able to provide suitable cover for the Engineering Manager in their absence
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A degree level qualification in a relevant Mechanical Engineering discipline such as HND, HNC or ONC
- Excellent technical knowledge of large rotating plant such as Gas and Steam Turbines, HRSG Boilers, Pumps, Cooling Towers, Compressors etc
- 5 years' experience gained in a heavy process industry ideally power generation but candidates from Steel Refineries, Paper Mills or other sources of Power Production will be considered
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent Benefits Package
- Opportunity to join a 700MW Combined Cycle Gas Turbine Power Station
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and cover letter to MMcLeod@astutetechnical.co.uk or call 02393 910 033 and speak to Megan who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.