Mechanical Engineer - Biomass Power Station
South East England
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with an international company who specialise in Energy from Waste & Biomass power plants across Germany and the UK. We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer to join the team at their Biomass site in the South East of England.
As Mechanical Engineer you'll be involved with planning the long and short term maintenance strategy and supervising of contractors on site who carry out the reactive and preventative maintenance. As this site uses a Steam Boiler, you'll be involved in PSSR inspections and legislation so someone with a strong background in Steam would be ideal.
The Biomass site can produce approximately 23MW of power from burning ~172,000 tonnes of waste wood per year.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, as Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Planning and coordinating all maintenance activities on site for mechanical plant including coordination of outage activities, inspections and day today maintenance using the sites CMMS system, ensuring all data is updated and accurate.
- Carry out plant inspections, fault finding and troubleshooting activities around the plant.
- Lead maintenance contract tenders for Mechanical equipment including providing technical documentation / specifications and scope of works.
- Procurement of spare parts / consumables.
- Supervision and managing of contractors on site, providing technical support and assistance as and when required.
- Identify areas to improve process / efficiency / availability and manage projects.
- Support the Plant Manager with managing a maintenance / mechanical department budget and identify cost saving activities.
- Ensure all work is carried out in line with relevant legislation and company policy.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Minimum HND in Mechanical Engineer or relevant engineering discipline.
- Prior experience primarily from an Energy from Waste / Biomass / Papermill / Petrochemical / Power Station engineering background with high pressure steam raising experience.
- Royal Navy Marine Engineers with Steam raising, and post Navy work experience will also be considered.
- Working knowledge of Safe Systems of Work, Health & Safety legislation and Pressure Systems Safety Regulations 2000.
- Recognised Health & Safety certificate such as IOSH / NEBOSH.
Proven experience in management of contractors.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive salary
- Bonus package
- Benefits package
- Opportunity to join a growing Power Generation provider in the UK
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 284 and ask to speak to Kyle Shinn who can tell you more. If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 284 and ask to speak to Kyle Shinn who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.