£35-40.00 per hour
Our client is currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join an already experienced team. We are currently looking a Mechanical Engineer that will deliver professional services on mechanical equipment and systems.
- Conduct technical investigations and root cause analysis. Propose design solutions to issues encountered during installation, commissioning, test and trials
- Apply and manage requirements to drive the development of design solutions for marine mechanical equipment and systems
- Assess and manage the integration of solutions with other engineering equipment/systems across the platform
- Lead and oversee the physical installation and testing of multiple EPG design solutions on-site
- Assess the technical quality of installation activities in accordance with design guidance. Define and co-ordinate the delivery of design change and modifications to EPG installations working with the relevant technical authority
- Produce test, trials and acceptance procedures for new equipment and modified systems, ensuring alignment with project requirements. Draw on the knowledge and experience of other cross-discipline engineers where required
- Work to the requirements of the Engineering Lifecycle Governance processes.
- Produce technical reports, scopes of work, test & trials reports and acceptance evidence packs
- Liaise with MOD establishments, test facilities, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers as required to satisfy the needs of a project
- Ensure compliance with Safety and Environmental Management Systems in all activities to mitigate identified risks and improve overall SHE performance.
- Be qualified to HNC/HND, or equivalent, in mechanical engineering with at least 5 years experience post-qualification in roles involving installation support engineering, commissioning and test & trials of systems and equipment.
- Working towards Professionally Registered (IEng) through a relevant professional engineering institution such as the IET, IMechE, etc. possibly from a current EngTech status.
- Deliver embodiment of solutions to agreed time, cost and quality to meet project milestones. Will be familiar with product safety & environmental requirements.
- Capable of supporting design solutions through the full Engineering Lifecycle, with a working knowledge of some Lifecycle phases. Able to ensure knowledge and skills keep pace with the technology.
- Ability to work with Classification Society and Naval Authority requirements.
If you are interested in finding out more, you can call Adam on 02392288289 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.