Being a Mechanical Engineer within my clients business is an exciting place to be. Join their team and you'll get to work on outstanding projects; Major Airport Expansions, Defence Property, Data Centres or even Water Parks!
You'll be based in their Colchester location within their Building Services team, they cover a full spectrum of environmental, mechanical and electrical engineering design and consultancy services locally, nationally and globally.
When you join the Infrastructure division, you'll get to see your ideas put into place on the design and engineering projects that keep the world turning. You'll work with a growing team nationwide, who are all about making spaces and places work perfectly for people. Whether it's an airport, transport interchange, university campus or the world's first tidal lagoon, you'll find that no project is too big or complex for us to handle.
- Minimum ONC or equivalent in building services engineering or related subjects/suitable equivalent experience
- Sufficient experience working on Building Services projects
- Sufficient experience working in a design consultancy - some experience of working within a contractor environment is additionally welcome
- Working towards chartered status and membership of CIBSE/IMechE
- Good level of computer literacy in Windows, IES, Hevacomp, NBS (Specification Software) and Microsoft packages - an understanding of AutoCAD / Revit is beneficial.
- Able to take charge of project deliverables, make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
- Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with client is essential
- Due to the nature of projects, you must be eligible for security clearance and will be provided to undergo a security vetting process
- Specification and design of fixed and temporary HVAC installations.
- Carrying out heating, cooling and ventilation calculations on fixed and temporary installations
- Liaise with architects and other designers in interpreting input information and applying it to generate a comprehensive electrical design
- Preparing technical specifications
- Preparing drawings for drafting by the BIM team
- Representing Atkins at meetings with clients and contractors
- Site surveys, inspections and monitor site works
- Report writing
- Maintaining records and archives to company standards
- Manage own workload
They support flexible working and equal opportunities as they believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed their customers' expectations
If you are interested in applying for this role or finding out more please contact Sara Nash on 02393 910040 or email email@example.com
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.