Composite Material & Process Engineer
£45k Basic + Benefits package
Astute are supporting a client based in Basingstoke who are a leader in the provision of lightweight aluminium matrix composites for applications in sectors including:-
- Transport & Defence
- High end consumer goods
- Industrial & healthcare
An exciting opportunity now exists for a Composite Material & Process Engineer to support new product development projects and oversee materials testing and characterisation activities. A key function will be defining acceptance criteria, leading process development and validation activities, scaling and productionising manufacturing processes, materials characterisation.
As Composite Material & Process Engineer, your duties will include:-
- Provide materials & process support to the design function
- Overseeing the testing of new materials and products
- Responsible for design, development and validation of new processes
- Leading Root Cause Analysis to provide solutions for manufacturing issues
- Improvement of existing processes, including scaling production and cost reduction initiatives
- Development of internal quality standards and acceptance criteria, including identifying suitable NDT methods
- Specification of new equipment requirements for the materials analysis and test laboratory.
To be considered for the Composite Materials & Process Engineer, you will demonstrate:-
- 5 years experience with composite materials
- Proven track record of taking a new material or product from design through manufacture and into production (characterised & qualified)
As Composite Material & Process Engineer with our client, you will receive:-
- Competitive salary of up to £45k basic
- Pension contribution of 6%
- Flexible working environment
Application process couldn't be easier, simply call Simon Cheung on 023 93 911 007 or email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.