Managing M&E Building Surveyor
Rate - £45,000 to £55,000
Location - Leeds
We are looking to recruit a senior mechanical and electrical surveyor to join and expand our Client's service offering within the building surveying team. The Leeds Building Surveying team has a strong client base with significant opportunities to expand their M&E surveying services.
This is a fantastic opportunity to joining a Global company and have the opportunity to head up the M&E survey provision within the Central Region.
The candidate sort for this position needs to have a proven track record of undertaking detailed mechanical and electrical condition survey assessments on a system by system basis (including equipment, systems and plant identifying defects, repairs and lifecycle) and have experience of providing designs and specification for contractor design tender document's.
The successful applicant will have a right first time approach to their work showing attention to detail, and be able to manage their own work load with minimal supervision.
The company has an impressive rewards and benefits package and will provide support and training for career progression.
Key responsibilities include:
* Inspect all M&E assets including HVAC, electrical systems, heating and plumbing systems and prepare reports detailing lifecycle, cyclical maintenance requirements, defects and repairs. Experience in provision of budget costings is desirable.
* Manage schedules and the programme management of surveys.
* Prepare scope of works, concept design drawings and specifications for refurbishment projects.
* Advise the team of design standards and regulatory changes
* Asset management
* HNC/HND level or equivalent with relevant professional membership
* Experience in providing M&E condition surveys and designs
* Ability to identify potential business opportunities and risks
* Works without supervision
* Consistent attention to detail
* Consistently produces attractive, clear, accurate drawings
* Knowledge and application
* Preparation of design risk assessments
* Drafts reports of suitable technical competency and presentation standards - referring to appropriate design standards
* Use appropriate workspaces in AutoCAD
* Knowledge of OLE CAD standards
* Experience in preparing OLE drawings and wire analysis.
* Experience in preparing contract documents, and specifications.
* CSCS Card desirable
If you are interested in this challenging role, then please contact Greg Storey on email@example.com or 02392 222 966 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.