Management Accountant - Gas Peaking Power Plants
Competitive salary + benefits
Our client, a global asset development and operating company within the energy sector, are looking for an experienced Management Accountant to join their innovative and expanding team and work on supporting the development of Gas Peaking Plants across the UK.
You will be handling general accounting activities such as, credit management, cash flow management and project accounting.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the CFO, as the Management Accountant, you will be responsible for:
- Guiding the team with accounting matters and ensure the accounts are in line with the company's requirements.
- Ensure timely closure of all monthly activities
- Finalisation of accounts, financial budgeting, preparation of quarterly / annual financial results
- Ensuring compliance with tax returns and payment, reporting and other tax requirements
- Ensuring timely filing of VAT returns and Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) Returns
- Monitoring of costs, billing, revenue, margins and cash flows for projects
- Monitor and control vendors/subcontractors - bill processing & site payments
- Assisting business operations in preparing budgets, projections and improving overall performance
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- A relevant accounting qualification such as CIMA/ACCA/ACA
- Previous exposure to the Power Generation / Renewable energy sector
- Several years' worth of experience in a similar role
- Exposure to SAP System is desired
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Chance to join a company who are building several gas peaking plants
- Other company benefits
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or dial 02392 288 282 and ask to speak to Arjun Patel who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.