Up to £37,000
Our client is one of the leading Waste Management and Resource specialists within Europe and as such are seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician to join their established Waste Management Facility in Dagenham.
As the Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient and reliable operation of their Plastics Recycling Facility by coordinating and completing maintenance across planned breakdowns and overhauls.
As the Maintenance Technician you will be responsible for:
- Completing daily PPM plans for a variety of equipment including optical sorters, balers and magnetic sorters, conveyors, hydraulics and pneumatics
- Ensuring that all plant and equipment on sites is modified and improved, as necessary, to maximise equipment availability and performance
- Carrying out planned, preventative and reactive maintenance tasks on time and to company standards.
- Be aware of stock control and maintain shift paperwork to the highest standard, to complete condition reports and other documentation as defined by the maintenance strategy
- Undertake engineering project work and assist with new installations or refurbishments
- Update and administer the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Attend daily operational review meetings, providing updates on Planned Maintenance compliance, live defects and ongoing improvement plans
This role is working on a rotating shift pattern including early and late shifts with weekend and night work as overtime. Please only apply if this is suitable.
As the Ideal Candidate
To be considered for this position you will need to have a recognised Level 3 NVQ/HNC/HND in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or a similar Engineering qualification.
You will have experience working on heavy mechanical plant and equipment including gearboxes, motors, compressors and conveyor systems.
Maintenance experience from within industries such as power generation, waste management, heavy process or production would be beneficial.
For a confidential discussion and further details please forward your CV to Gemma Nixon at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 222 964 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.