Maintenance Planner - Energy from Waste
South East England
£38,000 + Bonus & Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with a market leader in the Environmental, Waste and Energy Recovery industries. We are looking for a Maintenance Planner to join the Maintenance department of this power station.
Using fluidised bed technology, this energy from waste plant can process up to 500,000 tonnes of waste per year, producing around 40MW of power. With plans to build a 3rd line with capacity for an additional 350,000 tonnes of waste per year, this is an exciting opportunity to get into the Energy from Waste sector.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, as Maintenance Planner, you will be responsible for:
- Using the sites CMMS system to maintain information and schedule maintenance for both short term and long term maintenance work to ensure maximum plant availability.
- Improve efficiency by implementing new processes for maintenance scheduling and reporting focusing on continuous improvement methods.
- Assist with the planning of outages & shutdowns, allocating appropriate resource across multiple departments.
- Publishing work orders
- Entering defects into the schedules in order to help maintain plant availability.
- Attend daily meetings with the Operations, Engineering & Maintenance Departments to discuss outstanding and future maintenance activities.
- Working closely with sub-contractors to create master programs.
- Liaising with stores personnel & procurement to ensure parts are ordered from external suppliers
- Manage the stores catalogue, ensuring stock is ordered in a timely manner
- Run daily/weekly meetings as required to monitor and ensure successful completion of scheduled work
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Hold a relevant technical qualification at ONC / HNC level or equivalent in Mechanical, Electrical or Instrumentation
- Have significant experience using a CMMS system (MS Dynamics AX would be preferable, SAP, MAXIMO or similar would be acceptable)
- Have MS Project experience, or similar
- Have previous experience in a heavy process engineering environment, this may have been gained in a Power Station (Energy from Waste, Coal, CCGT, Biomass, CHP, Nuclear etc), Chemical Plant, Steelworks, Refinery etc.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive salary around £38,000
- Annual bonus up to 12.5%
- Company Benefits
- Opportunity to join one of the largest Energy from Waste plants in the UK with plans to build a new 3rd line in the near future.
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.