Maintenance Manager - New Biomass CHP Power Plant
Competitive Salary & Benefits
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Manager to join a new 7MW power generation site just south of Nottingham. The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the maintenance and engineering development of this plant.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Plant Manager, as Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Manage and run the maintenance department comprising of multi skilled engineers and technicians
- Management of the sites CMMS system implementing planned preventative maintenance requirements whilst ensuring safe and efficient plant operation
- Plan, manage and execute outage / shutdowns working closely with the site engineers
- Manage and control maintenance sub-contractors
- Manage the department's budget and report on budget performance in line with accounting practices
- Ensuring all activities are carried out to the highest standard of health and safety.
- Working closely with the Engineering Manager.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- At least five years Supervisory/Management in a maintenance/engineering role on a Power Station. This can include Energy from Waste, CCGT, Coal or Biomass.
- Experienced Royal Navy Marine Engineers would also be relevant for this role
- Ideally you will have extensive experience of hands on maintenance in power generation, preferably with solid knowledge of pressure parts systems, rotating plant, steam plant and boilers
- HND/HNC or above, in a relevant Engineering discipline
- H&S qualification such as IOSH or NEBOSH with knowledge of Environmental Permits and Safe Working Environments
- Experience of managing budgets and in the training and development of staff
- Experienced in managing maintenance teams, shift rotas, resource planning etc.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A highly competitive basic salary
- Chance to join a new site
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your update CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or dial 02392 288 282 and ask to speak with Arjun Patel who can tell you more about this opportunity
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.