Maintenance Manager - Energy from Waste
Competitive basic salary plus excellent benefits package
We are currently recruiting a Maintenance Manager to join one of the largest energy from waste (EFW) power stations in the country. This plant processes 585,000 tonnes of waste each year, generating 66MW of electricity to export to the National Grid - enough to power roughly 100,000 homes. This person will be responsible for the day to day management and running of the maintenance department, ensuring maximum production with minimal downtime.
What will I be doing?
Typical duties of the Maintenance Manager will include:
- Manage and run the maintenance department comprising of multi skilled engineers and technicians
- Management of the sites CMMS system implementing planned preventative maintenance requirements whilst ensuring safe and efficient plant operation
- Plan, manage and execute outage / shutdowns working closely with the site engineers
- Manage and control maintenance sub-contractors
- Manage the department's budget and report on budget performance in line with accounting practices
- Ensuring all activities are carried out to the highest standard of health and safety.
- Working closely with the Engineering Manager.
What experience does the role require?
In order to be considered for this fantastic opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
- Supervisory/management experience in a maintenance/engineering role on a power station or large process plant. This could be energy from waste, biomass, CCGT, CHP plant, steel works, refinery etc.
- Ideally you will have extensive experience of hands on maintenance in power generation, preferably with solid knowledge of pressure parts systems, rotating plant, steam plant and boilers
- An engineering qualification such as an HND / HNC in an engineering discipline. Mechanical is preferred, but they will consider electrical or C&I backgrounds.
- Knowledge of environmental permits, H&S issues and safe working environments
- Ideally experience of managing budgets
What's in it for me?
This role offers a very comprehensive package including:
- A highly competitive basic salary
- An excellent benefits package including a generous bonus
- Other benefits including a pension scheme, private medical & 25 days holiday
- A chance to join one of the largest energy from waste power stations in the country
How do I apply?
Simply send your CV with a brief covering letter to email@example.com or for more information call 02392 288 284 and ask to speak with Kyle Shinn
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.