Engineering Manager - Energy from Waste
Competitive Salary & Benefits (Car Allowance & Bonus)
Astute Technical Recruitment are working on behalf of our client who are one of the UK's leaders in the Environmental, Waste and Energy Recovery sectors. Their Energy from Waste site in Buckinghamshire region can process up to 300,000 tonnes of waste per year.
With five plants in Operation and a sixth under construction, this is an exciting opportunity to join the Company as they expand their Energy Recovery Operations in the United Kingdom.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the General Manager, as Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Manage and run the maintenance department comprising of multi skilled engineers and technicians
- Management of the sites CMMS system implementing planned preventative maintenance requirements whilst ensuring safe and efficient plant operation
- Plan, manage and execute outage / shutdowns working closely with the site engineers
- Manage and control maintenance sub-contractors
- Manage the department's budget and report on budget performance in line with accounting practices
- Ensuring all activities are carried out to the highest standard of health and safety.
- Working closely with the Engineering Manager.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- At least five years Supervisory/Management in a maintenance/engineering role on a Power Station. This can include Energy from Waste, CCGT, Coal or Biomass.
- Experienced Royal Navy Marine Engineers would also be relevant for this role
- Ideally you will have extensive experience of hands on maintenance in power generation, preferably with solid knowledge of pressure parts systems, rotating plant, steam plant and boilers
- HND/HNC or above, in a relevant Engineering discipline
- H&S qualification such as IOSH or NEBOSH with knowledge of Environmental Permits and Safe Working Environments
- Experience of managing budgets and in the training and development of staff
- Experienced in managing maintenance teams, shift rotas, resource planning etc.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A highly competitive basic salary
- An excellent benefits package including a generous bonus and car allowance
- A chance to join a growing fleet of Energy from Waste plants
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.