Maintenance Manager - New build Data Centre
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Astute are looking for a Maintenance Manager for a new build Data Centre located in East London / Essex. This is planned to be one of the largest Data Centres in the UK with a proposed capacity of 60MW (IT Load) and 24,000 square metres of IT Space. As part of a continued growth plan, the client already owns & operates five Data Centres around North West London.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Data Centre Manager, as Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring the availability and maintenance of the Data Centre including it's critical infrastructure.
- Managing a team of Critical Engineers working 24 / 7.
- Planning and scheduling maintenance activities inline with company policy & procedures and relevant legislation.
- At as a High Voltage Authorised Person, following Safe Systems of Work for all LV / HV Switching activities.
- Plan, manage and execute outage / shutdowns working closely with the site engineers
- Manage and control maintenance sub-contractors.
- Work across multidiscipline teams to ensure adhered with ISO standards, H&S Act and Fire Safety policies.
- Review and assist with CAPEX budget and overall budget planning.
- Act as the Technical Authority for the Engineering Team.
- Liaise with he Facilities Coordinator to ensure accurate scheduling and resource allocation is in place to cover all maintenance issues.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- Ideally qualified with a minimum HND in a relevant Engineering field (Mechanical, Electrical, Building Services).
- HV Senior Authorised Person for HV switching
- At least five years' experience working within a Data Centre or Critical Environment.
- Experience in managing a team of Engineers and achieving availability KPI's.
- Proven experience in delivering a maintenance service.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits package including car allowance
- Opportunity to work on a brand new Data Centre
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.