Maintenance Manager - Biomass CHP
Astute Technical are working exclusively with this client to support their recruitment on a 10.7MW biomass power station. We are looking for a mechanical bias Maintenance Manager (other disciplines are welcome) to provide hands on leadership to the maintenance team, comprised of multiskilled technicians.
The CHP facility provides steam and electricity to an animal rendering plant, using the waste by-products (Meat & Bone Meal) as a primary fuel source.
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Head of Engineering, as Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Manage and run the maintenance department comprising of multi skilled engineers and technicians.
- Management of the sites CMMS system implementing planned preventative maintenance requirements whilst ensuring safe and efficient plant operation.
- Schedule reactive and preventative maintenance activities, delegating work and prioritising work load to maximise plant availability.
- Plan, manage and execute outage / shutdowns working closely with the site engineers.
- Manage and control sub-contractors.
- Manage the department's budget and report on budget performance in line with accounting practices, liaising with procurement as and when applicable.
- Ensuring all activities are carried out to the highest standard of health and safety.
Skills & Qualifications
We are looking for someone with the following:
- At least five years Supervisory/Management in a maintenance/engineering role on a Power Station. This can include Energy from Waste, CCGT, Coal or Biomass.
- Experienced Royal Navy Marine Engineers would also be relevant for this role.
- Ideally you will have extensive experience of hands on maintenance in power generation, preferably with solid knowledge of pressure parts systems, rotating plant, steam plant and boilers.
- HND/HNC or above, in a relevant Engineering discipline
- H&S qualification such as IOSH or NEBOSH with knowledge of Environmental Permits and Safe Working Environments
- Experience of managing budgets and in the training and development of staff.
Salary & Package
What's on offer for this exciting role:
- A competitive salary
- Benefits package
- Opportunity to work on a newly built Biomass plant
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 02392 288 286 and ask to speak to Dan Grosvenor who can tell you more.
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. Astute is also committed to the government's Disability Confident Employer initiative. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.