Up to £25,500 + Benefits
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Fitter to join one of the industry leaders in Waste Management and Hazardous Waste solutions across the UK. Working as a Maintenance Fitter, you will be responsible for the servicing, maintenance and repair of the hazardous waste facility, ensuring that plant and equipment breakdowns are managed and attended to effectively.
Working as the Maintenance Fitter, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out key planned and reactive maintenance and repair of the plant and equipment on-site.
- Monitor and manage the breakdowns on-site, ensuring they are attended to effectively.
- Work to reduce plant down-time and increase efficiencies.
- Maintaining records relating to maintenance of site and equipment and records of works carried out at site including permit to work systems
- Support in the installation and commissioning of new equipment and plant.
- Always maintain records of all stock and spares to ensure part availability.
- Overseeing and ensuring the safe operation, maintenance, monitoring of the waste processing plant on-site including all pumping equipment on site.
To be considered for this position, candidates will need to have a recognised NVQ/HNC/HND in Maintenance Engineering or a similar engineering qualification.
You will have experience working on heavy mechanical plant and equipment with a good understanding of maintenance strategy and planned preventative maintenance procedures.
You will ideally have a background carrying out maintenance tasks within industries such as power generation, waste management, hazardous waste, heavy process or production and be confident working in a busy, fast paced environment.
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion and further details please forward your CV to Gemma Nixon at email@example.com or call 02392 222 964 .
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK and Europe. We endeavour to get back to everyone, however, if you have not heard anything after 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.